We strive to ensure that its services are accessible to people with disabilities. We have invested a significant amount of resources to help ensure that its website is made easier to use and more accessible for people with disabilities, with the strong belief that every person has the right to live with dignity, equality, comfort and independence.
Accessibility on our website
Here is a list of actions we’ve taken to make our site more accessible and in compliance with the (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) WCAG 2.0 standard.
UserWay Website Accessibility Widget
The software allows us to increase compliance with WCAG 2.0, ATAG 2.0, ADA, & Section 508 requirements.
The UserWay menu is available on every page and can be enabled by clicking the accessibility menu icon that appears in the middle left side of the page. After triggering the accessibility menu, please wait a moment for the accessibility menu to load in its entirety.
Accessibility enhancements this widget offers include:
- Keyboard navigation for non-mouse navigation
- Big cursor makes it easier to see where you are on the page
- 3 Contrast modes changes the website color scheme to make reading easier
- Bigger text
- Link highlighter
- Legible fonts
- Screen Reader
Divi Accessibility plugin
A WordPress plugin that improves Divi accessibility in accordance with WCAG 2.0 guidelines.
Accessibility enhancements this plugin offers include:
- Adds appropriate ARIA attributes
- Improved keyboard navigation in menus & submenus
- Fixes missing & incorrectly assigned labels
- Makes modules such as Toggle & Accordion focusable and keyboard interactive
- Adds a visual outline to focusable elements for keyboard only navigation
- Ability to change keyboard only outline color
- Fixes Divi incorrectly using screen reader classes
- Adds “Skip to Content” link optimized for Divi markup
- Hides icons from screen readers which can affect reading of text
- Fix duplicate menu IDs
- Tota11y integration
We have written jQuery script to make the mobile menu navigable with a keyboard.
We have optimized our alt tags for accessibility. This means decorative image tags have been intentionally been left empty at times to minimize confusion and enhance screen reader performance.
Default Site Color Contrast Ratio
We have updated our sites colors and removed or enhanced background images in places to meet the WCAG 2.0 color ratio standards of 4:5:1
We will continue our efforts to continually improve the accessibility of our site and services in the belief that it is our collective moral obligation to allow seamless, accessible and unhindered use also for those of us with disabilities.
Despite our efforts to make all pages and content on our website accessible, some content may not have yet been fully adapted to the strictest accessibility standards. This may be the result of not having an accessible solution or technology available, an editing error, software updates that are outside of our purview, integrated 3rd party tools (e.g. Google Maps) or an oversight.
If you are experiencing difficulty with our website’s accessibility features, please click the “Contact Us” button below and complete our contact form. We will be happy to assist you.